Art painting for home decoration comes in a wide variety of media and styles. They range from canvass paintings, textiles, and rugs. They also vary from expensive options to charming pieces you can get for a few dollars. So, there’s no reason not to turn your interior into a space that communicates your unique personality.
Here are a few ideas to spruce up your different parts of your home with artwork.
Artwork for the Social Living Room
If you want to experiment with art painting for home decoration, the living room is a natural place to start. A piece of artwork is often an icebreaker and an ideal subject for amusing conversations.
The artwork also brings out the character of your interior space. After all, the living room is where we host our guests and interact with loved ones. You can add texture, hues, and contrast to the items in the room.
The artwork is versatile, and there are many ways you can play with ideas for art painting for home decoration. You can use oil-based paints or tie-dye fabrics to complement a vintage-style interior. Colorful hues can provide a much-needed contrast for a room with a black or white background.
What we call art for the living room has flexible meanings. The piece could be a flower arrangement, canvass portraits, or tile flooring. Remember, the artwork will be communicating your personality. It, therefore, needs to be relatable.
Here are some tips for decorating your living room with artwork:
- Clearance: There should be some clearance between the bottom of the art piece. It ought to be about 10 inches above the furniture, but not too high that it is discordant with the rest of the interior. The artwork should be at eye level and in a location with adequate illumination.
- Size: Another rule for art painting for home decoration is to keep the dimensions of the piece at 4/7th of the entire wall. Don’t shy away from using large and elegant artwork to bring out a distinct style for your interior.
- Color: The piece you choose for your home should either add color to the interior or improve the contrast. Learning to pick complementary hues from the color wheel is a wise step towards art painting for home decoration.
- A Gallery for Art Pieces: Since you cannot put small pieces on their own on a wall, you can always group them. You could place several paintings next to one another to create an elegant art gallery. The placement ought to be symmetrical and at eye level.
Using Art Pieces in the Bedroom
The bedroom is a place to unwind and relax. You want it to project an air of serenity. Minimalist artwork with hushed tones is often the best choice when trying bedroom art painting for home decoration.
You’ll also want to choose an art piece without framing for the bedroom. The focus should be on the artwork and not the peripheral accessories that often make it feel cluttered. Consider using calming paintings of nature or photographs with minimal saturation.
When choosing the type of painting for the bedroom, you may want to take into account the following points.
- Size: Most interior design experts agree that a larger size is better for the bedroom. Even though you can place an art gallery, it is often better to avoid it altogether. Collections of photographs can make your bedroom feel busier.
- Style: The painting in your bedroom plays a crucial role in setting the mood of the space. Bold canvass paintings are amongst the top choices for creating the right atmosphere for the room. You can use a simple artwork against a tropical wallpaper design.
- Variety: Many styles can work for the bedroom that would, otherwise, not be suitable for other rooms. One expert tip for art painting for home decoration is to use a piece that raises visual interest but doesn’t command attention.
- Color: The number one choice for the bedroom is soft tones of either blue or green. But you can always add a tinge of other bright colors such as yellow and red. For your next home remodeling project, you can add a little cheer pink, blue, and yellow to the kid’s rooms. Be sure not to overdo the bright colors when renovating the bedroom.
Artwork in the Kitchen
The kitchen is often neglected when it comes to trying out ideas for art painting for home decoration. Yet it is one of the busiest rooms in the household.
Also, there are many different ways to use artwork in the kitchen. You can install tile flooring to replace it with more unique patterns or materials. Countertops and accents are open canvasses for you to try new design ideas for the kitchen.
The guiding principle for kitchen art painting for home decoration is to consider the room as a social space. Smaller pieces are preferable over large artwork. Use lively tones that will inspire a happy mood as you wake up to prepare for breakfast.
- Open Shelves: The kitchen usually has a shortage of space to place your artwork. Open shelves and the top of the cabinetry are some of the placement options you can utilize. These are the spots that are away from the grime and dirt you’ll often have to deal with in the kitchen.
- A Gallery of Art: In the kitchen, a gallery of small pieces of artwork has a more positive effect than one large painting. However, you ought to be careful not to overwhelm the room. A few symmetrical photos can be perfect for that space.
- Other Placement Options: Finding space for artwork in the kitchen is not easy. You can take advantage of the area around the windows. You could also place your art pieces next to a designer door.
Add Delight to the Bathroom
The bathroom is another room where we relax and unwind after a long day. It is not the place that usually comes to mind when we think of art paintings for home decoration. But artwork pieces can add a sense of delight to the room.
The design of the bathroom can vary considerably from one household to the next. For the best results, you should pick pieces that complement the aesthetics of the interior. There are a few tips that you can use as a guide for bathroom art painting for home decoration:
- Maintain Consistency: Strive to maintain the color scheme and the patterns when experimenting with artwork in the bathroom. Modern bathrooms require a clean, minimalist style to complement the interior. Focus on the consistency of the palette, style, and color of the interior.
- Create a Distinct Focal Point: For a bathroom with one conspicuous color, you can use one large painting as the point of focus. One piece of artwork can bring out the color and style of your bathroom. You can always highlight a portrait that has some personal meaning to you.
- Using Dark Colors: Dark backgrounds are not often the first choice for the bathroom. However, if there is proper lighting, you may go for brighter artwork to serve as the focal point. You may also create a gallery of artwork as long as they complement the interior colors and the decor.
- Art for a Personal Touch: You can add a picturesque art painting to enhance the aesthetics of the interior. But you may want to go for something that hints of a personal touch. You can frame movie posters for the bathroom wall.
- Wallpaper Backgrounds: You can use wallpaper to create a suitable background for your artwork. There are many varieties suitable for the bathroom, ranging from watercolor and floral print to exquisite tile patterns.
Infusing Workspaces with Artwork
Whether you want to decorate your corporate workspace, or a renovated shed, art can serve a wide range of purposes. It can serve as an inspiration and the center of focus for your mission. Artwork can add a pop of elegance to your home office, whether it’s an office space in your house or a shed turned office.
Don’t forget that your art pieces project character to other staff as well as the customers. It is a stroke of your brand image and will be part of the first impressions clients to your office will assess. That means you’ll have to work with staff or family members to explore ideas for your corporate or home office.
There are several points to consider for office art painting for home decoration:
- Mood: When choosing the color palette for your workspace, consider what you wish to communicate. Warm colors like yellow and red can encourage excitement but use them sparingly. Pick light tones that match the decor to convey tranquility.
- Experiment: There are varieties of ways to enhance the interior of your office, besides painting and wallpaper. You can add a personal touch with custom window shutters or woven rugs to infuse some texture.
- Long Term Impressions: In other parts of your house, you can use the same art piece indefinitely. But there are maybe many people who frequent your home office. You can hire artwork to keep your interior looking fresh. Leasing paintings has the advantage in that it doesn’t require a lot of capital to maintain. Plus, it gives you the option to make changes whenever it pleases you.
More on Using Art Painting for Home Decorations
Some general principles will determine your choice of artwork:
Design Around a Piece
It is advisable to start with a focal point regardless of the room you intend to place art paintings for home decoration. A piece of furniture, flower vase, or portrait can set the theme for your interior decor. The centerpiece doesn’t have to define the entire design. As long as the colors and textures from the birchwood doors to the flooring can flow with consistency.
Understand Colors and Impact on Mood
There is scientific evidence that color has a measurable effect on our moods. You can use color to inspire, motivate, and to express your personality. But you ought to understand the color schemes and the right feel when using art painting in home decorations.
- Yellow: Represents playfulness and amusement. It is a suitable choice for the children’s playroom and entertainment room. You can apply yellow to wood fences to mark the lawn play areas.
- Green: Represents nature and invokes a mood of calmness. You can use green for bedrooms, bathrooms, and your home.
- Blue: Blue is a color that represents logical thought. Like the open sky, it prompts us to reflect on things around us. It is an ideal choice for your home office, study, and living room.
Whether you are choosing tones for flooring or storm doors, feel free to make bold choices against the rules. However, consider consulting other people who will be using the same space. Seek other people’s view of decorations in the living room, kitchen, and game rooms.
Hang Your Artwork from Below
The artwork should be at least 6 inches from the top of your furniture. The same rule applies to gallery photos. Arrange them starting from the bottom-line as you move upwards. Strive to keep the centerline at eye level for both oversize and smaller artwork.
Regardless of how much you play with colors and tones, the interior may still feel bland without texture. Incorporate different materials for every room. From lampshades to custom window shutters, you have the choice of textile, metal, and wood to use for your artwork.
Mirrors can do wonders to boost the lighting in the room. You may use them to add depth to the interior. Mirrors can make your interior feel roomier since you can see the reflections of other furnishings. Experiment with different sizes from large to small framed mirrors for varying effects.
From the kitchen countertops to garage doors, your home has many platforms that can host your artwork. The tips shared above provide general principles for utilizing art pieces for home decoration. However, there are many more ideas you can find online and keep visiting our website for more information.